Thursday, September 8, 2011

A Red Plate Day for Drew!


In our house you get the Red Plate at dinner when it is your special day.  Tonight Drew got the Red Plate.  It was FINALLY his very first day of his OWN soccer team.  This impressively bright orange shirt is all Drew's.  For once he gets his own shirt (he did have a moment of not wanting to put it on because it was too big, but we got past that thankfully) and his own team.  He even got a GOAL tonight too!  This shot is right in the middle of a "yes" that he does with both fists.

Drew has been in a soccer uniform for 2 full days now....right down to the cleats.  This morning I didn't even have to ask him to get clothes on, he arrived downstairs at 8 AM all ready to go to practice.  I had just finished reading my devotional about how we need to take each day exactly as it comes to us, and had to chuckle when Drew sat down and cried when I told him he'd have to wait until after dinner to go to his practice......nothin' like "3" to just live each moment exactly as you feel it.  I too know how it feels to be disappointed when I don't WANT to take my day exactly as it comes to me!  I did think to myself that "well Lord, at least I'm more mature and I don't sit and cry about little things like that".

My favorite line from the night was Drew running on the field to start the game and says "Let's DO this!".  This was moments after him being quite upset that the shirt was not at all what he had wanted out of the deal.  It doesn't really go down to his shoes, that's the angle of the photo.

So it occurred to me that.....What's more mature.....not sitting down and crying when I don't like little things about my Day, or living each moment how I feel it and yet being able to throw away negative feelings like they are nothing and change to happy at the drop of a hat.  Maybe Drew has a better handle on a Red Plate Day after all.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment