Friday, September 9, 2011

Woodworking Details



This is a shot from a chess board my friend Doug made.  I spent the morning photographing quite a bit of his work so he could put some pictures up on his website.  There was actually so much I loved from his work that I found I really enjoyed myself while I took the time to notice little Details from each piece and then photograph them artfully.

Today's devotional had me thinking about my path of my life, getting from beginning to end.  I thought about the path a chess board like this took to get to it's finished state.   I think about God as my Maker and I am His piece of specialty Woodworking that He is in the middle of crafting.  To get me from start to the end hasn't been quick and easy with no mistakes and everything perfect.

"Trust Me with all your heart and I will make your paths straight" God says.  So even if I make a choice that causes a flaw in my Woodwork of my life, He is the Master Craftsman that can fix it and "make it straight" again.

The thing is, He doesn't just fix the flaws..... when we trust Him completely, He makes those flaws/mistakes into a Detail of the Woodwork that makes me stand out with amazing quality.  Actually, those Details of His Woodworking are so awesome that when seen by others in just the right light, .......they take our breath away with awe.

No comments:

Post a Comment