Monday, October 3, 2011

True Joy


One of the things I really appreciate about Ted is that he does his very best not to have to bring work home with him every night.  Sometimes, however, it cannot be helped.  Last week was an especially trying week, resulting in 2 reports that had to be typed up and made "Board of Directors presentable" before tomorrow.

This morning as we read the devotional together, it reminded each of us about Ted's work situation.  We were challenged to think about how True Joy is not dependent on your circumstances.  The cool line said "do not judge a day as devoid of Joy just because it contains difficulties.....if you make problem-solving secondary to the goal of living close to Me, you can find Joy even in your most difficult days".

Throughout today, I was thinking of what I was going to take a photo of.  But I honestly, if only for just today, wasn't faced with any problems.  I really had a great day.  I didn't have to problem-solve one bit!  I had no places I had to be or anything I had to do.  I enjoyed Drew all day, I worked on my bible study, my friend came over to talk a while, I got the dishes and the laundry done (!!!) and even got to the store.  The kids played outside all afternoon in the sun, got their homework done, and even had friends and neighbors over to play.

I did however spend much of my "thinking time", thinking about Ted and his day today that I knew was going to be full of difficulties.  Full of situations that he is forced to problem-solve.  Forced to listen to others yell, swear, lie and insult him.  I thought about how his job is bringing True Joy into the High School.  That is his ministry.  He is a missionary right there on Tuttle Rd, and I am his ministry support.  What a privilege I have of being a supporter of someone so good at his job.

Lord thank you for my own True Joy I found today so that I can share it with Ted even when he had to bring his work home with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment