Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Limitations


Zach is holding this really long branch that fell after the wind storm the other day.  He thought he was so strong and cool.  :)

Today it fell on me hard how much God is both the creator of the universe with incredible power and infinite abilities yet He chose to come to this earth to be human.... a child even.... and now lives within me.  This idea was in both my devotional this morning as well as my Bible Study in Matthew that my mom taught.

Thinking about how massively awesome God in heaven is.  How clean it must be up there.  How much He knows He can do all by Himself.  And He chose to come to this relatively dirty place of earth, where His body must have been a severe Limitation for Him.  I mean I think about how if Ted were to switch places with Zach's body, how Limiting it would be to have such puny muscles that lifting that skinny branch would feel heavy.  Ted would know that his little Zach sized body couldn't do near as much as it "should" be able to do.

So God, not only let Himself become a child, a human child, but right now He dwells in me.... a human adult with so many faults I can't even list them.  How Limiting I must be to Him.  While I know He sees me as forgiven and blameless, I know that so many times He must just feel sad, knowing that the REALITY is that I don't have the Limitations that I think I have.  The Truth is that I have all that awesome power available to me at all times with the Holy Spirit dwelling in me.  Sadly I simply choose to live with Limitations.

God, there is none like You.  Forgive me of being so complacent and not accessing all the power You give me.  Help me to not be satisfied with Limitations that You could lift for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment