Friday, May 27, 2011

What to Put On


My 4yr old niece Joslyn spent the night last night and was invited to go to Kindergarten with Will today. She was SO excited.  Today was a Jean/Hat day for SSPP so everybody got to "choose" what to put on this morning (as opposed to the standard uniform for a normal day).

This morning Joslyn has on wild tennis shoes, a frilly jean skort under that stripy tank red white and blue dress she had been wearing for 2 days and a hot pink sweatshirt.  I told her that she was going to be freezing, but mostly she had a plethora of much warmer, cleaner and way cute clothes I was dying to dress her in.

No WAY Jose.  And the truth is, I kinda pushed her just a bit too far.  She did have a few tears.... but with some hugs, kisses and some time to gather herself, we got back on track with a happy day.

Today's devotional was about putting on Christ like clothing.  To do it in the morning; first thing.  Somehow I don't think it would be like me trying to get Joslyn to put on what I had picked out.  I don't see God trying to get me to wear or be anything I'm not.  Sorry Jossy.

Lord, You made me the way I am so I am sure You are not out to manipulate me into anything.  Thank You for that freedom to "put on" what I want.  Even if it brings me consequences.  I really do however, want to put on Your Righteousness, and pray I let you help me into that kind of dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment