Sunday, May 15, 2011

Snuggle Noise


"Grandpa!  That's not snuggle noise!" I heard Drew say as Grandpa picked him up to hug and kiss him.  All of the grandkids have that love/hate relationship with Grandpa's "snuggle noise" (as did we, when we were kids).  It's like getting kisses, tickled, or wrestling.... they love it because of the attention it gives, but it still kinda hurts from his beard stubble.  I did quick get the camera in time to get that smile as Grandpa gave him "real" Snuggle Noise.

Today's devotional was about spending alone time with God.  How it is not just a luxury or an option; it is a necessity for my well-being and therefore don't feel guilty.   

Drew ran up to Grandpa's leg and hung on until he swung him up to hold and kiss him.  But Drew didn't want just any old kiss!  He wanted Snuggle Noise.  But it is Snuggle Noise that they have between them that makes Drew feel so special.  I know Grandpa won't be around forever (on this earth) but I am ever so thankful for how he and Drew have spent enough alone time with each other that Drew will for sure be able to say that he "knew" his Grandpa Rowan.

That photo sums it up.  Alone time is a luxury and a necessity to really "know" my God.

No comments:

Post a Comment