Monday, May 30, 2011

Creating Space


Zach's GoGo's I found on the coffee table upon arriving home from the Cottage; his "new thing" he is into these days.  I'd never heard of them, but it seems they are kinda like marbles were 'back in the day'.  They trade them, and kinda each set up their own and then they flick one into the other guy's ring and capture the ones it knocks down.

Anyway, the yellow guy in the middle was the one that reminded me of today's devotional.  It was how we needed to really take the time to be with God.  How part of doing that is pushing back the "demands of the day" and Creating Space around us that we fill with Him.

This poor little yellow guy has quite the "demands of his day" that he is pushing back!

Being at the Cottage today meant that my "demands of the day" that I pushed back were all fun ones and certainly not heavy responsibility ones.  But even with fun things planned for Memorial Day, I still honestly wanted to Create Space around me from what was going to happen for the day and fill it with my time of devotion to Him.

The yummy coffee and creamer that my Mother-in-Law has at her house certainly helps Create the Space too.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment