A picture a day and a devotional a day - for a year. An adventure in........Learning to be consistant; Experiencing God; Experiencing my family; Watching relationships grow.
Tuesday, May 17, 2011
A Plethora of Blessing
So far, each year we head home from Ted's conference in Traverse City, we have gotten lunch at this sandwich/wine/cheese shop just outside of town. Seriously delicious sandwiches here. This guy in the photo was being excited about my "creation" and how he could make me anything I wanted..... "you do realize this isn't McDonalds right?" he teased. It was kinda like he was enjoying impressing me with being able to make me whatever I wanted.
I read this morning about how God is a God of abundance. How we cannot begin to comprehend the lavishness of His provisions. When I first read that early this AM, I thought about the verse "He owns the cattle on a 1000 hills" and my mind went to all the rows and rows of cherry trees, and how He would own an abundance of those too!
But I like this shot for abundance. This store had a PLETHORA of cheese, meat and bread options (just look at the photo at how far down those display cases go!). This guy was serious about his sandwich creations and he loved it that I was appreciating his store. He was enjoying our interactions as much as he was enjoying making us our sandwiches.
"My capacity to bless you is unlimited" God says to us. He wants me to be excited about it. Get into it. Look forward to it. Talk to Him about it. Tell Him what I'd like. He loves the interaction with me as much as He loves to bless Me and surprise me with His lavishness.
Cool. :) Thanks God.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment