A picture a day and a devotional a day - for a year. An adventure in........Learning to be consistant; Experiencing God; Experiencing my family; Watching relationships grow.
Monday, May 16, 2011
Friend, Lover, yet my King
Waking up in a hotel room when you know you have the whole entire day to yourself, is dreamy. I got to do that lazy sleep/doze thing this morning until around 9 and didn't get dressed until just before housekeeping knocked on my door at 11. I got to read my devotional in bed, all by myself and took as long as I wanted..... 3 things I don't get to do at home for sure! :)
It read "I am your LORD! Seek Me as a Friend and Lover of your soul, but remember that I am also King of kings -Sovereign over all." That balance of friendship with reverent, obedience is hard for me.
I decided to have lunch with my Heavenly Friend, Lover and King out on the patio off our room. I thought about how somebody I know sets an extra place at the table every dinner to remind the family that Jesus is always with us. I smiled when I had 2 white plastic patio chairs out there and put my feet up on "God's" chair. I told him thanks and had roast beef. :)
Then I got to have dinner (the picture taken after dinner) with my earthly friend, lover and .....my king? Well not exactly all the connotations of "king", but it really was funny when for some silly reason (I think because he got to watch CNN while we were getting dressed for dinner) he made the comment "it's good to be the king"; Ted is king of his domain and does have authority over me.
My earthly friend, lover and king sure does a great job of showing me an "in the flesh... real live.....actual example" of who my Heavenly Friend, Lover of my soul and King is. It is funny how I often wish God or Jesus would show up at my door. Maybe I need to rethink that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment