Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Knots


This morning Zach read the devotional with me before we got up and ready for school.   That was the first time he and I had shared that time together with this devotional.  It was cool to talk about it with him and his perspective on it and then pray together.

I landed on the line "your mind leaps from problem to problem, tangling your thoughts up in anxious knots".  Seriously, I right away pictured how both Will and Drew are SOOOOO into knots right now.  The both of them.  I dug through the shoe basket this afternoon and found this one example -it happens to be Drew's.  This one is only half of what an elaborate "Will Knot" could be.  He is the worst!  He loves to use of every inch of the shoestring.

My string of thoughts ending up in knots.  Very common in my world.  I don't usually get the anxious part, but they do jumble together.  I loved the image they used of God not wanting to violate my freedom and interfere, but that He stands in the background waiting for me to remember that He would help if I'd want Him to or just ask.   Hmmm I've heard myself say that before......."you let me know if you want me to help... use a question and say please".

Oh and how funny to think about me getting things all in knots and THEN asking God to help me get this untangled please.  Oh THAT doesn't take twice as long at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment