Wednesday, August 31, 2011

My Weakness... still in need of a Savior!


Yes, today was one of those days where I got to see quite clearly that I don't have to have things "all together".....because if it was super important for me to have things "all together", then I would have completely failed today.

I forgot to pack my kids' lunches on their first full day of school today!

The school called Ted, then he called me.  Man, did I feel terrible.  Embarrassment like crazy.  I felt so badly for William who I was sure was really worried about lunchtime.

My devotional this morning was about how in our weakness He is strong.  I, however, depend entirely too much on my own abilities and planning the day and I try so hard to have everything accounted for.  I want to seem "all together" because then it would seem like I had thought of everything and I had everything under control.  Not much room for God to show up and be my Savior in that scenario.

Hmmmmm.  Yea.  Today it was clear I DON'T have it all under control.  :)  My Weakness of not having things "all together" as a mom, is where I can CLEARLY see God is my Savior.  I saw it today that I am still in need of a Savior... no matter what I may try to seem to myself or others.

Today God came to save the day in the form of a Pizza Delivery guy who was willing to take a pizza to Will and Zach for lunch.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment