Congratulations William!
He worked so hard at completing all 16 of the bars on the monkey bars today at the park. It took him 5 tries over a period of about a half hour. He would get closer and closer to the end each try, but would have to drop. The he would have to wait awhile between tries to let his Wrist Muscles relax, and then he could try again. We all were so excited for him when he did finally make it -even some strangers who were there.
I had taken my coffee and my devotional book with me to read and sat under a tree while the kids played a while. It was cool to read about how God uses exercises to help us build our Trust Muscles. Those exercises can be trials and fear; things that give us opportunities to help our trust in Him grow.
Fear can be such an easy tool for the devil to use, such that we are crippled and give up sometimes. Even though we do have to quit sometimes (like Will had to drop to the ground 4 times), to be able to come back again and again to keep trying shows our growth in Trust Muscles. To be able to say "Lord I don't FEEL like this is going to end well, in fact, I am seriously afraid of what might happen, but I TRUST that You have a plan".

No comments:
Post a Comment