A picture a day and a devotional a day - for a year. An adventure in........Learning to be consistant; Experiencing God; Experiencing my family; Watching relationships grow.
Wednesday, August 24, 2011
Hiding the Truth
So I have 20 minutes to get into the car with 4 boys this AM. I'm over getting Drew's shoes and I come across this Zach shoe with that green paint on it. "Zachariah Robert Paton!" I yell. He comes in and I ask him what the paint is all about. He gives me that "What?....I have NO idea how that got on there" look in his eye and freezes. I see the look, and say very slowly "think about what you are going to say and make sure that you are going to tell me the Truth".
All that ended in me mostly mad that he tried to Hide the paint , and had he just come and told me in the first place I probably could have gotten it out. He said he was sorry and went back to play with his 2 friends he had over. I could feel the anger rising and sat down to calm down and collect myself. Now I only had 10 minutes to get in the car. I look over and my devotional book was sitting right there that I had not read yet for the morning. Here is what it said......
"My presence is with you always. Can you see the absurdity of trying to hide anything from Me? You can easily deceive other people, and even yourself; but I read you like an open, large-print book".
Yea. I've been there, Zach. I've had that same look on my face to God. I've tried to ignore and Hide things that are CLEARLY a problem. I try to fix them myself, but my own efforts at washing away sin are equally as pathetic as your attempts at washing off that paint the day you got it on there. Had I simply given that sin to God, brought it into the Light right away, all the resulting problems would be non-existent.
Zach did tell the Truth. I can't say that for myself for very many times. I'm sorry Lord.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment