Sunday, November 20, 2011

I Am Please With You, Because You Are MINE!


Today was a Thanksgiving Day Theme at church.  The kids from Sunday School gave sang us a song about what they have been learning (Will is pictured singing his fantastic solo of "let my people go!")   After church was a fabulous Pot Luck, and then the all Community Thanksgiving Service in the evening.

Today's devotional reminded me that God is pleased with me as His child.  How I don't even have to perform well for Him to love me or to receive any of His blessings.  He loves me because I am His.

That William boy can't possibly be more of an object lesson for me with this idea.  I love that boy more than I can possibly put into words, but oh so many times does he make bad choices that I do not love.  I don't love the choice but I can really really understand that I STILL love that boy.

Today he performed... well even!.... but I can assure you that I am pleased with that child with or without him performing well.  And in all honesty, I can see how I easily love what he does because he is MINE, and not because he is going to win any awards for a singing 6 year old!  :)

Thank You God for loving ME, with or without a good performance.  What a privilege it is that THE KING is please with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment